Sunday, May 15, 2011

Fortunate Son

If you haven't seen the movie Forrest Gump, I would like you to take the time to go watch it. For those of you who have seen it, I want you to remember the scene when Gump is flying in the helicopter, about to land in Vietnam. The song that is playing is Fortunate Son by Creedence Clearwater Revival. My friends play this song every time I see them, and it gives me the goosebumps. Knowing that in 2 short days, myself, Dr. Sama, and Alina will be boarding a plane leaving for Vietnam leaves me speechless.

I have not had a chance to think about this trip in much detail, for I have spent the last few weeks preparing for graduation. What an amazing month May 2011 will be. When I look back as I grow older, I will remember being the first person in my family to graduate from University (with honors I must add!) as well as the trip to Vietnam to spread the word about GLOBE. I am so grateful for being 1 of the 2 selected Fellows. I know that I will give it my all to show people on the other side of the world how great of a program we have here at St. John's.

I ask all of you to keep an eye out for blog updates. Please, live vicariously through the 3 of us for the upcoming 2 weeks. I have plans to upload pictures along the way, so keep checking!

-Marco

1 comment: